kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks....ok as far as reptiles go....?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]

Posted by A.C. on October 28, 2001 at 12:41:16:

In Reply to: Thanks....ok as far as reptiles go....? posted by Raven on October 22, 2001 at 01:23:56:

Raven,

Your best bet would be to call NJ F&W if you are concerned. I would explain the situation to them. I'm sure they would respect another state's permits for a couple days. I heard the lady in charge is actually pretty nice.

Some people on the forum are VERY, TOTALLY, AND UTTERLY misinformed even though they are in this society or are the president of that club! It's sad that people don't even have their facts straight and are charging $$$ to get into their society.
It is not illegal to possess normal cornsnakes in NJ!!!! It is illegal to sell them though in pet stores. You must have, however, a receipt or other proof of purchase that the snake was bought out of state. I believe it costs another $5 on your permit. NO biggie!

Same deal with northern pines! You can keep em people! Those of you who are not are missing out big time! These are great snakes!
I once looked at this forum for answers, but all I found were interpretations by some people, WRONG interpretations. This forum is great to get opinion and find people with similar interests in the state, but don't believe everything you hear on the board.
Go right to the horse's mouth! Call F&G.
They and I both find it amazing how misunderstood they and their rules are taken!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]