Re: Egg binding-Please, any advise???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Murphy on June 27, 2000 at 13:39:33:

In Reply to: Re: Egg binding-Please, any advise??? posted by Planet, Jade, Emerald and the rest of the family on May 15, 2000 at 11:38:01:

I think a trip to the vet is in order. Since the vet's first opinion was obviously mistaken, there are medications that can help her lay. you may want to give her more calcium at this time too. The vet should know what to do, and it's obvious you ig wants to lay those eggs, and make sure you have a nice moist box for her to lay them in, and a basking area outside the box, so when she lay's them all she can just come out and take a nice long rest, and I wouldn't bother her for a while. Good luck, hope your ig feels better.

: Jade laid a second egg on Sat. but nothing more. She still has strength despite the fact she has hardly eaten. I have started force feeding her again yesterday, which she takes really well, she has always been the sweetest ig I have known. She has also been drinking great the last 2-3 days from a dropper, I hate to say I do not know how much she was drinking until then. Could she be having trouble from dehydration, even though she has always had water availible? I have also been letting her roam free as much as possible since she started laying, her new home will be finished today, 6'x 6'x 4'. We have 4 cats, so can not let they roam free unfortunalty. Jade & Emerald are both rescue igs and I feel terrible that I may have not be giving her everything she needs. If anyone has had any experience with this pls contact me! planet0123@hotmail.com

: She is still strong like I said but getting very thin aside from her big belly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]