kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

How long after Tiges morph should they eat? Thx

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Salamander and Newt Forum ]

Posted by Larval_Matt on May 07, 2003 at 21:59:04:

Hey all,

I have a recently morphed Tiger that is acting much like a previous Tiger I had, that died soon after morphing. They are in a large (24" x 50") terrarium, with fresh bedding (not real soil, obviously), fairly high humidity, and relatively low temps (low 20's). I have an adult tiger that I've had for years in the same cage...he doesn't act aggressively towards my new morph at all (they sleep very near each other some nights...sorta cute).

I haven't been able to get my newly morphed tiger to eat. She shows interest to earthworms (shoves her nose at them, paws at them), but will not lunge. Nor does she lunge at crickets. My other tiger will snap them up in seconds. How long after morphing should a tiger become interested in food. How long can she live (she was fat before she morphed...I made sure she got all she wanted so she'd be nice and fat for the morph) without eating?

I moved her tonight to a small terrarium where my healthy adult grew up (less light as it's actually a plastic storage tub with holes drilled in it). Figured maybe the lower lighting level, and smaller size might help her calm down (not that she's frantic...actually she doesn't move much, and doesn't hold herself off the ground by much...sorta drags along).

Many thanks for any advice!
Matt

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Salamander and Newt Forum ]