kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: MO Diamondback (pic)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Water Snake Forum ]

Posted by pulatus on April 21, 2003 at 18:18:05:

In Reply to: Re: MO Diamondback (pic) posted by PiersonH on April 21, 2003 at 14:33:00:

Pierson,
These are the first 2 rhombifer I've found in Missouri, so I can't say what's typical, but the first snake was smaller and much darker (I'll post a couple more pics below).
What was nice is that the day was very cool so the snakes were burrowed into the grass to stay out of the wind and still get the warm sun. They really came alive when I picked them up though. The larger, brighter snake actually could have crawled away, but instead turned and repeatedly lunged at me. The both seemed to enjoy the opportunity to shred my hands. (You can see more of my blood on the snakes pictured below) By the time I got all the pics I wanted I had blood all over my camera and computer and clothes.

I also saw 8-10 sipedon around a small bridge in this area.

Joe

:Wow! That is one hefty dude! Do they usually have bright red eyes like that in that portion of their range? My CB rhombifer are from TX and they have orange-brown eyes. The reddish ground color is interesting as well. Nice pics and thanks for sharing with us.

:Pierson

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Water Snake Forum ]