kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Gollum update...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by lizard queen on April 03, 2003 at 16:17:20:

sorry it's taken me so long to post an update on my little MHD...it's been busy around here! Gollum is doing very well and munching on earthworms and waxworms, and continuing to put on weight :)
over the weekend i was visiting a petsmart in another town, and noticed a couple MHD's there, both males. one was in very bad shape, but the smaller one looked so good that if i didn't know any better, he could almost be mistaken for CB! he was missing his horns, but otherwise is in great shape and not underweight at all. he was nearly identical in size to my little 8" Gollum, so i decided to bring him home as a future mate for her.
once he settled in to his new home, i quickly discovered that he has quite the attitude! every time he catches a glimpse of me he flares out his dewlap, his colors brighten, and his eyes turn bright red! i'm sure that if he could somehow manage to breathe fire, i would be charred to a crisp! when i get too close, he gapes his little mouth in a threat display, and sometimes i grab a waxworm and stick it in his open mouth. then he just glares evilly as he crunches up his treat! i'm sure he would be a pretty intimidating dragon if he was any larger than his puny 7" ;)
he is quite the feisty little guy, but it looks like he is adjusting well to his new home. he is eating and drinking well, and seems to be happy as long as i don't forget who is the boss around here ;)
i wanted to think of a good name for him that came from the LOTR like Gollum's name...and because of his evil little temperament, he is going to be Balrog ;)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]