kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Is depressing isn't it! More of us need to breed! n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by amaltheaazrael on March 27, 2003 at 13:35:38:

In Reply to: Is depressing isn't it! More of us need to breed! n/p posted by FroggieB on March 27, 2003 at 11:06:39:

Yeah I saved both of mine from PetSMart. When i got my mali they offerd me a MHD at half off. I told her no because i didn't know anything about them. Well a few months later I noticed that they had two at the time they where in seprate cages. and so i decided to read up on them. and I found the Froggie B site and decided to take one in. and see how it did. I wen back and both HMD where in the same 15 gallon tank. I took Azreal in on december 30th. he had a sore on his side from a bad shedd and one on the back of her leg(maybe from a hot rock) that our vet notcied and cleaned out. Other wise after a profi treatment for Parisites. a little loven and some pedialyte Azrael was in great shap in about 2 weeks. So I decided that Azrael was so cool that i wanted to go back and see if the other one they had was male(at the time i thought Azreal was female)And I was damn sure after checking her out that the one they had was female too. But Considering she was Super skinny and covered in fecies that i was going to take her home. I kept her in a 20 gallon she ate and drank like a big and he Boney little body quickly became fat and plump. i don't know what they do to them!

::I know what you mean. I was in a PetsMart yesterday and they had an MHD in an aquariam with a Chinese Water Dragon. I didn't see any gauges on the enclosure and there was no moving water. This dragon looked quite unhappy to me. I was tempted to bring it home just to get it out of the bad conditions but I don't have the room right now.

:::They had a MHD, and man was it bad looking. Many of its spikes were gone, plus it had little...sores and cuts all over it. Plus its in this little cage. I'm sure its really sick-the other male it had came with had died after a day of being there. Another thing was-it was 40 dollars, and they told me it was captive bred but shipped to a distributer then to them. If that was captive bred, i'd be very, very suprised.
:::It makes me sick seeing the way the reptiles are treated at places like that

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]