kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

black milks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by nategodin on May 01, 2003 at 07:33:33:

In Reply to: Squirming worth hatchling?? posted by kenjivalentine on May 01, 2003 at 03:18:41:

Hello,
I got my black milks when they were only a week or two old, and they have been very handleable from the beginning. (attached is a pic of Cher at about 2 weeks old) They're generally curled up in their hide spot when I pick them up, so it's easy to scoop them up without disturbing them... they will usually sit curled up in my hand for several minutes before even starting to move around much. They're a little more resistant if I try to grab them while they're prowling around the cage, but even then they are much easier to handle than my 3 year old sinaloan. They have never musked me or squirmed out of my hand. I don't know much about knobs, but if you decide to go with a black milk, I don't think you'll be dissapoited by its temperament, regardless of age.

Nate

:Okay, I want to buy a hatchling black milk and knob king, but I have heard many stories on how they squirm A TON, to the point of being unhandleable for about a year. Would you guys advise just buying a yearling to avoid the hassle?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]