kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Black Milk Feeding Story...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by Jeremy Clarke on April 23, 2003 at 13:50:23:

I was feeding one of my Black Milks this weekend and had an interesting thing happen. I usually feed them mice of hemostats just because I like keeping track of what and how they eat...OK, OK, I admit its really to see the cool feeding response. They are so gentle usually, but they hit mice SO STINKING HARD. Anyway, I was running late so I didn't have time for him to swallow the first one before I fed him the scond one. I thought I would just throw it in his rubbermaid while he was still working on the first one. Now picture this, I open the drawer and notice he has the mouse about a two thirds in his mouth. As I lower the rodent he looks me dead in the eye and knocks the mouse out of the hemostats with his tail...HARD, and then quickly pins it with the lower half of his body (again HARD) while continuing to swallow the first one. He held it there until he swallowed the one, and then lit into it. These guys have the most unique balance of gentleness and personality of any colubrid I have ever kept. They always entertain.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]