kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A.W.O.L. ......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by denise32 on April 05, 2003 at 18:12:00:

Hi, Stanley is 18 months old and when he was 11 months decided, with the help of my sister's 3 year old, to escape from his aquarium. We turned the apartment upside down as soon as it was realized (probably just a few hours after getting out). We didn't find him. About 2 months ago I noticed that there was a piece of skin out on the balcony and thought, maybe, he was outside and in hiding somewhere. I again searched in vain. Well, about 2 weeks ago, after a large throne like wicker shair was brought inside, he was found, sitting on the floor by his empty aquarium curled up in a ball and not moving and not to concerned about someone coming at him. He was hurt. It looked as though he had suffered from several bites &/or claw injuries, at the paws of the kitten in the house. The wounds were healing and looked pretty good really but Stanley was not acting right and he was very lethargic and not as feisty as usual. I got him into a bowl of water immediately and got him a live pinky the next day, his mouth split while eating it and he would not touch the second one and hasn't wanted to eat since. I have noticed that the bottom part of his body seems to be partially paralized, he does not move much past the chunk that was taken out of him right about the area of his body that his liver should start (according to a 'map' of snake anatomy). I am concerned that he may not make it, it does not appear that he has deficated since he ate the pinky and he has no interest in eating at all. It does appear that he might be getting ready to shed, but it could also be that he is just sick and has lost his color, I can't tell. I am just worried! Does anyone have any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]