kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Questions on going to a rack system for breeding.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by fantasy on February 24, 2003 at 11:41:54:

In Reply to: Questions on going to a rack system for breeding. posted by HDEAN on February 24, 2003 at 08:03:19:

forgot...

Matt Salyer ;)
www.fantasyreptiles.com

:I have posted this on Hybrid, Rat, King and Milk Forums in case some breeders don't go to all the forums. Thanks for your responses.

:I currently use 2 foot Neodesha sliding front cages for my females and 18 x 24 inch plastic sweaters for my males. I like the sliding front cages for the females so I can make sure they breed when I introduce the males into their cage. I use Neodesha's since it is what I originally bought 20 years ago and so far they work fine. Problem is I need more cages and I am maxed out with no more room for Neodesha's and they went out of business. I am thinking of going to all plastic sweater boxes since they can stack and are lighter and it will increase the number off animals I can keep and get all of them higher up in the room since the older I get the less I like bending over with some cages 1-2 feet off the floor. My back isn't what it use to be. I figure I can house alot of snakes with them being 3-5 1/2 feet off the floor if I go to the sweater box system.
:MY QUESTION: Those of you using the stacking plastic rack systems, how do you like them as far as introducing pairs and making sure they actually hook up since you can't see into them easily. Any problems in this area? My current plastic sweaters are from KMART and are Martha Stewarts with clear sides but semi clear tops. Thanks , HDEAN
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]