kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hmmm... Thats Strange, But

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by LeosAnonymous on May 12, 2003 at 20:19:44:

In Reply to: Says .01 cc per gram right on the bottle posted by Starling on May 12, 2003 at 20:11:41:

I guess there is such a great margin of error dosing varies greatly, the book says that doses of up to 5,000 times the normal amount are tolerated in mammals. It also says that a death due to an overdose in Panacur (in reptiles) has never occured as far as Dr. Klingenberg knows.

Basically he says "25-50 mg/kg works, so higher doses are not needed."

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything, just regurgitating what my Vet told me (just talked with him over the phone) and what I am referencing in my books.

Talk to you later,

Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

:I am assuming it is a 10% solution.

:

:

::Just wondering if you meant to say .001 cc/gram (assuming a 10% solution)...

::My vet recommends a 0.05 cc dose for a 50 gram gecko... and that is one of the more aggresive doses I've heard of (100mg/kg).

::Most books and other literature only call for up to 50mg/kg (Including "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Dr. Klingenberg), which works out to .025 cc for a 50 gram animal.

::If I'm doing the math right, .01 cc per gram (usuing 10% solution) would work out to 1000mg/kg dosing, which would be way up there.

::-Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

:::The dosage I was given by my vet for leos is .01 cc per gram (per gram that your leo weighs)

::::I have never had a problem with worms but I know Panacur is a good wormer. It is actually a horse wormer.I use it for my dogs and puppies but I don't know the dosage for a leo I do the dogs by the pound. I am sure somebody on here has used it and knows how much to give.

::::
:::::For those people who have a lot of experience with Leopard geckos, what kind of wormer have you found to be the most effective and the safest and where have you been purchasing it?

:::::Thanks in advance,
:::::Jeanne
:::::

:::
:::

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups: