kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

How do I get my leopard gecko to eat meal worms?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by Aesear on May 11, 2003 at 18:25:54:

In Reply to: How do I get my leopard gecko to eat meal worms? posted by carrieanntrevino on May 11, 2003 at 18:05:00:

all lizards have personal tastes. trying to force feed her something she doesn't like is probably about like trying to feed me raw tomatoes (ewwwww). it just creates stress. and if you just recently got her then you want to be earning her trust and affection, not having her associate you with being the bearer of bad tastes. try her on some crickets. you might also leave a dish of mealies in the cage for her so she can get them if she wants. otherwise just give her some time to settle in and feel comfortable. make sure she has the right heat and has enough hides to make her feel secure. I'm sure she'll start eating either the crixs or the mealies soon.
best of luck!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]