kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Another Great Post.... I Agree

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by LeosAnonymous on May 08, 2003 at 20:15:47:

In Reply to: couple of other thoughts & ???s...great discussion btw..more posted by SFgeckos on May 08, 2003 at 19:29:16:

It is great how we can actually have civilized discussions here on the Leopard Gecko forum... after observing some of the rediculous arguements they have on the bp forum about "the ball python market" and it really makes you appreciate how great this forum is!

I would also have to agree with you 100% on the issue of selling these "special" geckos as high dollar animals. When I spend many thousands of dollars on animals I expect that the physical appearence of my gecko will directly relate to his/her genetic background.

Is it fair to sell the "special" geckos for top dollar when they have the same genetic potential as geckos that cost half as much? Of course it isn't.

I also have a regular customer base, most of my animals never even see the Kingsnake classifieds. The only way to do "business" in the herp world is by giving your buyers top quality customer support, being COMPLETELY honest and offering high quality animals. I'm very greatful for my repeat customers, not only for their purchases, but also for the relationships that have developed.

Once again great forum and great disscusion!

-Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]