kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: how do i report someone who is keeping illegal herps?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by nightwalker on February 17, 2003 at 12:01:23:

In Reply to: Re: how do i report someone who is keeping illegal herps? posted by jamina on October 17, 2002 at 22:38:50:

here is something to think about knew a person in Texas that did what you are thinking about when the police went to the reptile keepers house they were meet by gunfire seems there was a drug lab in the houise there were two deaths and several hurt in this case one of the dead was the one who called the police cannot say the reptiles were the cause but it should give you something to think about you never know how the person is going to react
and you might wind up on a slab yourself
:Maybe more than a pissed off neighbour especially if it's in the country we live in - perhaps a neighbour in jail or a neighbour without a house because of the shocking six-figure fines. Think Australia, think exotics. Thousands of people in Australia keep illegal exotics. They just don't care, and what's more, why should they? There are people with legal exotics just because they were lucky enough to get a license during an amnesty a few years ago. Not good enough I say. As far as I care you can go right ahead and break any exotics law you like because frankly I don't give a rat's ass. And if I see someone with a house full of corn snakes I won't even bat an eyelid. Why should I care? The government departments responsible for the exotics are very corrupt and there is proof. www.smuggled.com.au check it out.

:Regards,
:Benjamina

::Am I correct in guessing that by illegal you mean venomous? The laws regarding herps are blatantly unfair in most places, so I don't see why you would want to report them at all. If they want to accept the risk of keeping illegal herps, I say let them. As long as they're taking proper care of their animals, and keeping them secure, there's no point in being a stoolie... Unless of course you're a PETA supporter or have some personal grudge against this person, in which case you'll find no help here. That's just something you'll have to decide for yourself. My opinion is just let it be. If this person is irresponsible with their animals, chances are the police will find out about them sooner or later anyway. Reporting this person would likely only result in the extermination of the animals and a pissed off neighbor.
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]