kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Reptile Family Expo
Lebanon PA June 8 - Aug 10
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Melbourne - May 25, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Baltimore - May 25-26, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Austin (Taylor) - May 25-26, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - May 25 , 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Deland - June 01, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Raleigh - June 01-02, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Oklahoma City - June 01-02, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Oklahoma City - June 01-02, 2019 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Ohio Native Herp Law Question?...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by M.L.B. on January 15, 2003 at 09:44:05:

In Reply to: Ohio Native Herp Law Question?... posted by mmfrankford on January 03, 2003 at 15:34:50:

You can possess up to 4 snakes of each species with a propogators license, except a few that are endangered. You don't need a hunting or fishing license and the propagators license only costs like $25. Go to the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources website, it lists all the species you can and can't keep. Sorry I don't know the web address off hand. Hope this helps you out.

:Hello everyone and happy new year.
:OK I'm new to this forum so sorry if my question has been answered at another time.
:I live in Ohio and know of a spot where there are melanistic garters.(In the southwest of Ohio) Since the Eastern garter is an Ohio native reptile is there laws on the collecting and of breeding them? I planned on collecting a breeding pair.
:Thanks for responding.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]