kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Good post, though I don't agree with everything you said

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by Lyle on January 07, 2003 at 00:14:01:

In Reply to: Re: I find it hard to believe that you had a point. n/p posted by bloomindaedalus on January 06, 2003 at 03:48:22:

As far as the law requiring pet stores to hand out pamphlets on the care of any animal being bought, what if we applied this logic to other aspects of our lives? Salmonella is a big problem in this country and not everyone who buys poultry knows how to avoid it. What if your grocer were required to hand out pamphlets on how to avoid salmonella to everyone who bought a chicken? Even to customers who buy chicken every day? As far as the pet store issue is concerned, I find it hard to believe that such a law will change much about how pet store customers care for their animals. After all, this law was meant to target those who go into a store and buy an animal that they have no knowledge of. Yet providing them with information (which is available to anyone who wants it) is somehow supposed to improve the way those customers care for the animals they buy? I find it hard to beleive that an individual who's inconsiderate enough to walk into a store and buy an animal that they have no knowledge of would be considerate enough to read and follow the advice given to them on a care guide.

Regarding my attitude toward things lately, I don't expect you or anyone here to understand where I'm coming from. It's really just the result of a lot of personal experiences that have led me to the point where I don't feel like my presence in these miniature battles will be of any importance. Aside from that, it's just not worth my time. I find talking to most herpers to be just as hard as talking to most animal rights activists, and it can be quite disheartening to get the same reaction from both sides every time I voice my opinion.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]