kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: did anyone here have a hard time applying for herp permit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by mchambers on January 06, 2003 at 15:18:21:

In Reply to: did anyone here have a hard time applying for herp permit. posted by ram on December 31, 2002 at 00:20:13:

A late response but still a response.....if I'm reading this right ...are you saying do YOU get the required permit for varanids ? It's like this, if you don't and it IS required you face the possible confiscation of your animal as well as maybe a fine. As of the printing of the revised GIUDE TO REPTILE LAWS the Ball Python is on the UNRESTRICTED wildlife list. Now on the subject of importation : from Madagasacr, I doubt if you can unless the animal is documented as to coming from some place else and or documented as another country of origin. ( a classical way that was done some years ago on species ). From Africa, probably but red-tape all around. Points of entry into the US, a broker to clear customs, maybe a permit ( for sure ), booking passage on airlines for species of animals, comfirmed importer of animals, screw up on shipment of airlines, payment problems, legality of lacey act/cities act, and are you GUARANTEED live animals. These are just a few reasons why I gave up as an importer and just took my chances with already species in country or in other words, left the importing to some one else ! I noticed that Main required a specific Wildlife Importation and Possesion Permit of species in order to import into that state. Even after all of the previous above, it is NOT very clear if one needs the permit or not though on some non-restricted species. Kind of leaves one open for problems for not understanding the law of this state.
Good luck.

M Chambers

:i live in MA and want to keep acanthurus ackies...but all varanids require permits, so I am going to apply for one. Did anyone here have a hard time in getting a species permit? Also, what do I need to apply for if I want to import balls from Africa and herps from Madagascar(mostly want african herps)? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]