kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

How Petty and childish people are over a few crickets !!N/P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by klorentz on December 10, 2002 at 18:35:41:

In Reply to: UK Press: Chirping crickets threaten shop posted by W von Papineäu on December 10, 2002 at 13:52:54:

:BBC (London, UK) 09 November 02 Chirping crickets threaten shop
:A Carlisle pet shop owner says he may have to close after complaints to the city council about runaway crickets.
:Adam Kenyon, who runs pet shop The Ark in Wigton Road, has been served with an order by environmental health officers to stop him selling the chirping insects.
: The order from Carlisle City Council came after some crickets escaped and ended up in a neighbour's premises.
:Mr Kenyon, who sells the crickets as live pet food, said the order could close his business.
:Mr Kenyon said: "We had an original incident where I dropped a bag of crickets and some of them escaped.
:"The council served me with an abatement order to keep the building cricket-proof.
:"It appears that another single cricket has now turned up in a nearby premises, and I have been told that I can no longer sell them."
:He said it might mean some of his other in-store species suffering malnutrition, as they are also fed on the insects.
:Mr Kenyon said: "I have been told if I don't stop keeping crickets on the premises then I could face a £20,000 fine.
:"I would go out of business if I have to stop selling them."
:People buy crickets to feed their exotic pets such as snakes, spiders, lizards and amphibians.
:Mr Kenyon says he has had letters of support from customers and has started a 300-signature petition to save his cricket sales.
:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]