kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Question For Arizona Residents

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by DesertRat454 on November 07, 2002 at 15:07:47:

In Reply to: Re: Question For Arizona Residents posted by impactreptiles on September 11, 2002 at 04:45:25:

You can keep AZ native snakes but you cannot buy,sell or trade them.you can recieve as gift or do what i do,catch yourself.the only snakes in AZ you cannot have are Rock Rattlesnake(Crotalus lepidus),Twin Spotted(Crotalus pricei),Ridgenose(Crotalus willargi),and the Massassaugna(Sistrurus catenatus.and other reptiles of course the Ghila,Desert Tortoise,and the flat tailed horned lizard.Also you may not import any from other states.
All reptiles bag limit of 4 or in possession of each species live or dead,Rattlesnake Bag limit is 4 per day or in possession of each species live or dead,Rosy Boa,Green Rat Snake,Sonoran Kingsnake,Milk snake is 2 per year or 4 in possession.and so on confusing?Best thing to do is go to AZ Game and Fish and pick up their Regulations booklet ph# 602-942-3000 or www.azgfd.com i was there today looking for new information,and talked to a officer,and he had to look up laws,didnt have answers to my questions,so i think alot dont know the laws,so best thing to do is educate yourself to protect yourself and keep a rule book with you when out herping.you can collect all of above from Dec 31 to Jan 1st so all year,but kinda hard to find much in the way of snakes right now.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]