kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Dangerous Exotics Bill

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by wildcrotalus on October 19, 2002 at 22:32:02:

In Reply to: Re: Dangerous Exotics Bill posted by Ravenspirit on October 19, 2002 at 22:12:12:

:This law is not pertaining to that itsd about banning them as pets alltogether -

-I'll second that.

:Just because its beyond your/my means to keep these animals, I see absolutely no reason who someone with the facilaties as a private owner should be denied those rights -

-A-Men

:The HSUS is BS -so is PETA -

-A-Men Again

:These animals in nearly all states need private pet ownership lisances and their cage size ect is determined by the already existing USDA Regs - to keep them you need to be USDA -

-USDA is slow to act and most cities and counties (in Texas anyhow) can not keep enough money in the budget for dog catchers, let alone inspectors for exotics. But I do agree with you.

:A blanket ban is as stupid as banning coffe because its seved hot, and people have gotten burnt -

-I think the common denominator here seems to be stupid people. Really, one can not be the sharpest marble in the box if one don't realize that coffee has the potential to burn, a tiger has the potential to kill your kid and if one should use the hair dryer in the shower, well, the worlds is better off without you I reckon.

Looks like I am up to .04 now. lol Dave B

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]