kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

mexican black kingsnakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by tigress on April 30, 2003 at 11:41:51:

In Reply to: mexican black kingsnakes posted by IcedGoddess on April 28, 2003 at 16:24:16:

Mine has some irridescence on her scales despite that he's a horrible example of a Mexican Black Kingsnake (he has little yellow dots all along the bottom side). The belly especially I think is irridescent. They are sweet snakes, least mine is. He doesn't like being handled but he tolerates it and it takes a lot before he starts freaking, though I've found taking him in the middle of a large group of people tends to make him a bit irritable, and at most he fake struck at the guy I wanted to look at him when he first picked him up and then calmed down (and he was in blue too and still being that good... he was actually there cause I was worried about him shedding).

And, if you want to know, they are called the poor man's indigo ;) because like you said, it's kinda like a mini indigo (though I think I like the king snake's snout shape better).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]