kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Easter Eggs ~ Advise please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by sasheena on April 21, 2003 at 06:42:31:

Eeep! Eight Gorgeous Eggs. Easter night. WOW. I would say I'm speechless but I'm proving that I'm not.

Now that I have eggs, I feel nervous that what I've read has left out some key ingredient. so I thought I would share what I think I know, and if anyone reads something wrong and can give some advice I would very much appreciate it!

Now that she's had her eggs, we're going to put them in some damp vermiculite. It will be wet enough to clump when squeezed but will not drip when squeezed. Since we live in the great state of Arizona, the state itself keeps the temperatures nice and toasty. My husband feels that they can go in a tupperware container set on the fridge, but I'm not so sure, I was going to put them in a top shelf in the mouse room. So the temperature needs of the incubating eggs are something I'm still not sure of. After about 55 days or a couple of months anyway, we would expect the eggs to pip, and within 48 hours all the little snakes should be out of the eggs. I'm sure I've missed something, but that's the basics. Again, any advice. This is our first clutch of eggs. Also, if anyone can look at the picture and tell me if they see bad eggs (because I see good eggs!) I would take that news also. There are eight eggs, and they are already hardened together so I will not attempt to separate them. how submerged should the eggs be? Since the pile is very three dimensional should I have the bottom ones completely covered? Anyway, thanks for all advice. I appreciate it. And thanks Kerby, for great snakes.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]