kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Appalachiocola Mating

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by sasheena on April 16, 2003 at 23:52:00:

Well I introduced my new Appalachiocola male to our female this evening to see if they would be interested in each other. After a few false starts, they seemed to "get going" so I went to go do something else. When I came back the male was frantically trying to "connect" with her and I thought "I must have mistaken their earlier connection".... only to note over the next several hours very OBVIOUS connections, followed by disconnections, and back together again. Will they EVER stop? My plan is to hope to catch them "apart" and separate them so I can go to bed content with the knowledge they aren't going to eat each other while I sleep. I'm looking forward to the hatchlings, but first must get eggs!

~Sasheena

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]