kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Rosey or red ribbon boa ?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]

Posted by friend on May 07, 2003 at 09:07:42:

My son brought home a very sweet,mellow snake the other day. I was told it was a rosey boa or red ribbon boa?? I am VERY new to snakes, and have no clue. rust colored and tan colored stripes going longways on it's body. Seems to be thick, even by the tail, VERY small head (about 1/4 in. from eye to nose tip),compared to body thickness which is about 1 in.belly to top of back( I think). appx. 30" long. I went to buy a mouse the other day, but they didn't have the right size,( I was thinking half grown because of how tiny her head seems but I know they stretch thier mouths.) so the kid at the feedstore said it would eat fish (which it hasn't)how do we tell if it's boy or girl?? are they ok to take places and walk around with?? or does it stress them too much?? Please E MAIL me back if this sounds familiar to anyone. We are So. Cal, High desert, if that helps any.....ndmny@rock.com.....

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]