kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Now is the time... for the point to be taken....& it was....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by regalringneck on April 29, 2003 at 21:18:43:

In Reply to: Now is the time for the The wealth to shared.... posted by Doug T on April 29, 2003 at 10:47:23:

Mea culpa [or whatever that stupid phrase is...] you're very right...hibernating cribos is likely to wind up w/ sick or dead guardians....a minimal cooling down (if anything) is probably all you need to do., the rest of it ought to be a cut n paste job tho.
What I'd suggest you task your guardian gremlins to produce are:
A: a neonate caresheet, that seems to be wear the majority of problems lie.
B: A "tricks of the trade" fact sheet as mentioned by Old Herper; where the odd things that have worked for some of us can be collated in one place.
C: A stand-alone guardian breeding document for archiving successes & failures.
Now before your guilt forces you to ship my Clelia... call & give me the shipping info :)
KoP; jg

::So send my wee black nippers back to be w/ their sister & I'll write up a Clelia caresheet :)
::On the guardian front...I dont see any significant care issues at least for BTC that arent already imbedded in the standard couperi sheets. The only 2 concepts missing IMO are the need for excercise, especially in the adults & perhaps more arguable...tho I base this on the relatively number of infertile egg clutchs)...the need for maintaining a more natural diet than most captives get. So Id suggest you cut n paste the basic care sheet for each one w/ the header being the name/subspps/ & a good photo.
::C&B;jg

:The Black Wigglers will get their caresheet... and the Black Tails deserve their own too. For example, if one were to use my D.couperi caresheet as their standard to keep Uni', BT's or YTC's, they would end up with a dead snake sometime in late winter. You could use my D.couperi caresheet to work with Texans, but my recipe for breeding Easterns never worked with Texas Indigos (for me).

:There are enough differences between the subs that they each deserve a write up.

:DT

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]