kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Eastern Housing Upgrade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by bobl on March 01, 2003 at 16:33:43:

In Reply to: Eastern Housing Upgrade posted by DanW on March 01, 2003 at 09:35:00:

: I am wanting to get better and larger cages than I am using now and am interested in the boaphile cages. The cages are 4' x 2' but can be attached end to end to produce longer cages. He also has a 2' x 2' attachment that has no window....its basically a large hide box. I am thinking of attaching one to the 4' cage. So in essence I would have a cage 6'x2' with a 4' front opening glass. The cage would be white and the 2' attachment black. Since Indigos are primarily terrestrial and spend much time in burrows, the 12" high cage should be ok. So what do you think of a setup like this as a permanent home for an Eastern Indigo.

:1. Sounds great.
:2. You can do better.
:3. Measurements should be changed to _____.

:Thanks,
:Dan

Dan,

I was going to get some of those cages too for my Y/T's.
I like the fact that you can add onto the cages to make them larger. I also like the "hide area" aspect.
I'd say that's enough room for you snake. I prefer to the darker cages, but I have Neodeshas and Visions here so color isn't a big issue with me.
If you are going to order the cage with the built in heat pad/tape I would have him make the open end on the same end where the heat tape/pad is, that way when you attach the "hide area" onto the open end of the cage the heat source will be close to it.
If the cage is to be in a cold room be aware that those cages do not hold heat in very well due to the material that they are made of although they hold humidity rather well.
I have Boa Phile Racks that I had to insulate with styrofoam because they wouldn't stay warm enough for the snakes I had in them. You'll have to use a good heat source.
I like the cages though and plan to get some.
Short money, attractive and funtional.

Good Luck
Bobby

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]