kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: The rarity of Uni Color Cribos

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by bobl on February 13, 2003 at 10:59:55:

In Reply to: Re: The rarity of Uni Color Cribos posted by gila7150 on February 12, 2003 at 23:42:16:

::I was just thinking about how there is such a high demand for Yellow Tail Cribos vs Uni Colors.
::As you all know, I've been gathering a few Y/T's here and there and when I speak with all of the people that I get these snakes from I always ask if they ever get any w.c.Uni Color Cribos and they always say "no"! Mean while they say Y/T's are uncommon/rare, but yet they are available at certain times of the year.
::I realize that a few guys are breeding Unis, but no where near to the point where the Unis are commonly found.
::I've found w.c. Unis to be more rare and definitely more unattainable than the w.c.Y/T's.
::W.C. B/T's are very common and you'd figure that w.c. Unis would be at least somewhat common. I wonder if they just aren't as prolific a snake in the wild as the B/T's and have a much smaller wild population? Could it be that Unis are being dominated by the more numerous populations of B/T's in the wild and are cross breeding. Perhaps that's why we see so many w.c.Brown Tails or intergrades in the pet trade these days and no w.c.Unis? Just thinking out loud. OK, I need an aspirin now!LOL

::Bobby

: I seem to see about as many uni imports as I do BT's. Some of them are borderline intergrades and some look pure unicolor.
:I've never seen a YT at a show before.
: I saw that Glades Herp list the day it came out and called them Monday morning. They told me the shipment was delayed (atleast that's the line they gave me....they're at your house aren't they (LOL)
: By the way, here's the awesome big female BT I got from you. I think I'm going to give the male another year to grow before I try to breed them. She looks at him more like a meal than a lover right now :)
:
: Chris

Chris,

She's looking awesome! Those two were the best B/T's I'd seen in a while, that's why I bought them. I'll try to post pictures of any new Y/T's that should happen to find their way here.
I guess Glades is getting swamped with people wanting Y/T's so stay on them and your name may stand out.
I've become quite the stalker in my search for these snakes!
I guess Unis must be uncommon around these parts. I've only seen 2 at a show that I'd consider pure Unis and the rest were intergrades and B/T's.
Drys aren't big here in the North East. Up here it's Boas, Pythons, Kings and Corns.
Got any pics of the male B/T?

Bobby

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]