kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Getting Spilotes eating.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by cf on January 26, 2003 at 20:57:32:

In Reply to: Getting Spilotes eating. posted by cf on January 25, 2003 at 22:01:41:

OK, I'll try the techniques you've all given to get her eating, and I'll let you all know what worked as soon as she eats!

Thank you everyone!

Freight

:
:Hi;I just acquired a captive bred baby Spilotes 1 week ago that is a bit on the thin side. I live in the northeast where it has been extremely cold, and despite all efforts made by those of us keeping reptiles in this climate, many reptiles are effected by the cold no matter what we do!

:That said, my question is on feeding, as I realize an acclimation period is necessary, but also am a bit concerned about the underweight condition of this snake. I'm looking for techniques to get my baby started feeding, as my first attempt failed with pinkies today. She did show some interest, but even when isolated with the food refused to eat . Also she has been staying on the bottom of her enclosure while she gets used to her new home, but has been venturing further from her hide on a daily basis. Temps are in the low to mid 80's.

:Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

:Thank you!

:Freight

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]