kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Can someone post a pic....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by pweaver on January 24, 2003 at 09:04:09:

In Reply to: Meeting...I suggest everyone invite Dean over for a posted by dryguy on January 23, 2003 at 11:33:51:

of what keeled scales look like in an adult male? Or maybe add a picture to indigosnakes.com showing this? I found an old post to the forum where Dean posted a picture of this, but the link is no longer valid for the pic.

:We spent 5 hours BS'ing and going over all my Dry's..Talk about twins sons of different mothers!!(sorry, reference is to an album made before many of you were born :-)...) Anyway, loads of fun and then the real treat happens...

:Deanno has pointed out on several occasions his observation of male Easterns always having keels on the middle 4-5 rows of dorsal scales as adults...NOT females...So we are handling my youngest "pair" I've had for 2 1/2 yrs (they will be 4 yr olds about now) I had introduced them this winter but no breeding interest was seen...Anyway, Dean says "Carl, have you probed this male?" I said "No, he's clearly a male by the sub-cloacal bulge" Dean says"Yeah, but he doesn't have any keels!" "Let's probe him" Bingo, I have a new FEMALE!!!!!

:Surely magic was involved here as I couldn't have been wrong!! Dean is a Wizard and blessed me with a new girl!!!

:I suggest everybody invites Dean over for burgers and beans!! A great time for both of us...Lots of info and observations...I would hope that we all pledge to meet with other contributors to the forum whenever we are within striking distance of the home lair...I blew it last summer with Bobby Lee, when I didn't make the 50 mile drive to meet him while I was in Boston...(Won't happen again this summer, Bobby!!..We'll be up in your neck of the woods sometime this summer!) Don't pass up the opportunity to meet other Dry crazies!!! Carl

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]