kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

whoops............np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dan felice on January 19, 2003 at 17:08:23:

In Reply to: no sports gene huh? posted by dan felice on January 19, 2003 at 05:13:54:

:
:::to any tampa bay fans out there, i have a question. i'm aware of the bucs record in games w/ the temp below 40* but i'm in the dark about how they do in temps below 20*? not too good? as our fearless leader likes to say.......HAH!

::Well, Spousal Unit & I aren't exactly fans (I made sure I got a guy without the Sports Gene), but we are denizens of the Bay area.

::It's pretty cold here right now--43F (it would be okay if all of my winter clothes weren't in storage SINCE PACKED IN LATE JUNE). My guess is that the Bucs won't be too fond of the cold.

::We were supposed to close on a house on Monday; the house in New Orleans sold & closed on 12/30. There are a few title issues with the "new" house, two business days before our closing date, of course. We've had to take a second 90 day extension on storage of our household goods. "Shadrack Meshack the (Tex)Indigo" is still in residence on top of the dresser in our bedroom here in the apartment. Makes for an interesting "fragrance" from time to time. Every time I see a Drymarchon listed in the classifieds, I feel the confines of this apartment more accutely.

::I bought my husband a "Stump Ripper" field hook for Christmas (he bought me a field guide, romantic devil!), but it's been too cold to find many herps, although we did see a 5-6 ft. 'gator sunning himself beside a pond this afternoon.

::We've joined the local herp club, and we're planning to participate in an outreach at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium in February.

::That's the news from Stink Petersburg, Florida

::Beatrice

:
:it's just not the cold, it's the crowd. they stand the whole game and drown out philly international, right down the street. teams don't like to come here, esp. in january! besides...the eagles own them, the bucs know it and the eagles know they know it. good luck w/ getting into the new house!...go eagles! little one for you beatrice. ;-]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]