kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

*****Ignore "PLEASE HELP" Message Below, Read This*******

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by girlzilla on May 01, 2003 at 14:18:22:

In Reply to: PLEASE HELP ME! posted by reakti0n on May 01, 2003 at 12:06:55:

Sorry, enter key mistake.

Okay, the reason you're not getting any responses is because nobody here has had that happen to their iguana. It is in NO WAY NORMAL, and is not the way iguanas clean their eyes. When they shed, they shed the scales around their eyes, not the cornea itself. They may puff their eyes out some, and rub their heads on surrounding stuff, because the shedding scales itch. (Scared the **** out of me the first time my ig did it!) But nothing pops out or protrudes from the eye when this happens.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your iguana to a vet.

If you need a little encourgement doing this, please go to this site: http://www.anapsid.org/eyebulge.html
It lists various eye problems reptiles can have, and none of them are harmless except the shedding one, which is not the problem with your ig (to the best of my guessing.)

It could be a parasite, an infection of the eye, a vitamin deficiency, or any number of other things. The really sad thing is that as a reptile like an iguana loses its vision, it can't see its food, and will stop eating. The thing that eventually kills the iguana may not be the infection/parasite itself, but a slow, painful starvation. Don't let this happen to your baby.

Please keep us updated.
-Erin

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]