kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Bravo for you!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by stardust on April 30, 2003 at 14:38:11:

In Reply to: I guess i'm gonna give it another shot... posted by abstractcypher on April 29, 2003 at 21:26:40:

I am very happy to hear you are giving the little guy a second chance, he probably fear humans. Now by the looks of it he has found a human that will take care of him properly. I am sure he will realize it too. Good for you and good luck.

:Hey guys, I was REALY close to giving my Iguana to a reputable reptile house out here in Chicago today. I called them and everything, but when I went to put him in his carry case, I had a change of heart.

:I originaly got him from the backroom of a PetCo, while getting some crickets for my Beardie. It just so happens the previous owner let him get loose and while trying to capture him he stepped on the tail to stop him. MORON! So I guess he wasn't the same "cool" pet anymore, so he returned him. Evidently PetCo's policy on this sort of thing is they can't re-sell returned animals. So I adopted him.

:At first it was just to get him out of those conditions and nurse him back to health, but the little guy grew on me. It's been about 2 1/2- 3 months now and at first he just whipped me with his tail and scrathed the hell out of me. But now he's progressed to biting. Twice so far. That I won't put up with.

:So i've made up my mind to try again, even more diligently. I'm going out tomorrow to get some nice THICK gloves for handaling, so maybe that'll make some difference. I'm realy trying. But i already have 1.0 Beardie, 0.1 Painted Agama, 0.1 Retic, and 1.1 Royal Pythons, and a new puppy. None of my animals are aggresive in the least. ( yah, even my retic. She has a very gentle demeanor)So, before I write a novel here, wish me and Steve(my Iggy)luck, and hopefully with a whole lot of patience and a little luck, we'll be living peacefully together. Thanks for letting me babble.

:Raymond

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]