kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Igs are too much smart to be forgotten in a cage!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by Flavia Guimaraes on April 11, 2003 at 10:19:53:

In Reply to: Re: IGNORE OTHER POST....READ THIS ONE!!! Oops, sorry!!!!!!!!!!! posted by xta on April 10, 2003 at 20:24:41:

Well, i have 7 igs.4 of them i bought before doing any research about igs.Well i read some books, but the wrong ones!
My 3 other igs i bought after reading MK book and The Ultimate Owner Manual and after i started posting messages here and geting answer.One of these igs is COMPLETELY tame and docile and sweet.Im sure the others 2 will soon be tamed too!!

I think iguanas need to learn they can trust us (=tame)to be happy and healthy.If they dont trust us they will be very stressed.So i dont think we should just let them be wild.They will not be happy!They are too much smart to be forgotten in a cage.They want to be part of the family!

My 1 year old ig, Kenya, is already potty trained.It was much more easier to potty train him than to potty train any of my dogs!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BeDreamin' had a lot of good points.

:I basically discourage people from getting an iguana. I believe I have saved many ig lives this way.

:Every one of us probably thought iguanas were cool though... you have to admit the cool factor is what gets everyone. After that it is what kind of person you are...I have always loved animals since I was a kid. I spent all my time with them since there weren't a lot of kids in my neighborhood. I never got tired of any of my pets. They are depedendent soley on you...you are their god. You must provide for their health and happiness to the best of your ability.

:As for people against dressing animals up or treating them like an animal they are not....I say pllllllffft! I'll do what I want as long as it doesn't harm my animal. I'm all for taming, potty training, and costumes! And Sleestack knows how to get back at me by pooping on my couch anyway so it's all fair and good! ;-)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]