kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Stories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by herpetological on January 30, 2003 at 00:00:47:

Been doing this for 30 years lots of interesting stories and Neil turned me onto to this forum. Guess I have to put a few dues in. Here goes: Spring 91' Fl. Keys. Still chilly lots of transients.(Bums, homeless politically correct I'm not) we had been collecting specimens for a study. We decided to collect racers for feeders to King C's. We had 20-25 specimens in a bag in the back. Of course I had the paranoid snake hating(discomforted) wife with me. She was always saying, "check the bags for holes I know somethings going to get out!" Of course my reply,"nothings going to get out". Starts getting hot so snakes get more active and you guessed it, they are out. But, only on the back deck next to the rear window. I look in the mirror and see nothing but racers in the rear view trying to get out the rear window. Nothing going foward yet! She doesn't know that they are out.(Hasn't turned around) So I try the non-chalant pull to the side of the road and make a quick wide grab and maybe she wouldn't know thing!! As i'm doing this I happen to notice that a hitch-hicker is on the side of the road. Anyway of course she looks back, the racers go nuts, she bolts out of the car. I am grabbing racers by the handful when I look back through the window and see the hitch-hiker running towards the car. As he gets closer, he notices the snakes everywhere. He slows to a stop 10 feet from the car and stops. I ask if he's alright and he replies, " I needed a ride but i'll just run with her!" Ray HBR

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]