kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The things we say....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by mgl on November 25, 2002 at 11:48:23:

Hello, I have a story that I thought was humorous

I was expecting a package of frozen mice from a supplier and I was told that the package was coming at 12:00 pm. My wife took her lunch break at that time to sign for the package...well no package. So I get home from work and get one of those fancy "Sorry we missed you" slips on my door and that it is waiting at the post office.

I hop in the car and take a trip to the p.o. and get to the window. The lady said the carrier wasn't back yet and should be back anytime. So I decide to wait for 30 minutes....very impatiently. Not only did I not want them to thaw (in middle of summer) but I had some hungry herps and things to do, plus they were to be there earlier. So 30 minutes goes by and nothing. So I ask how late they are open and she says 6:00pm. I say I'll come back at 5:45pm and pick it up.

5:45pm rolls around and I frantically run in. She recognizes me and says, "its here, sir." I am thinking, "finally."

As I am signing for the box she notices the label...it says "Miceonice4you" (the supplier's name). She looks at me, smirks and says "why are you getting frozen mice if I may ask" and I respond (not really thinking of what I am saying because I'm still filling out paperwork) "It's food for my babies."

She just got this horrid look on her face and didn't say a word and I smiled, turned and walked out saying thank you simultaneously....taking 2 steps and realizing what I had said...I just kept walking and burst out with laughter...

Hope you enjoyed

Matt

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]