kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Several interesting, maybe funny, ramblings...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by Craig W on September 22, 2002 at 17:48:41:

In Reply to: Several interesting, maybe funny, ramblings... posted by Squee on September 21, 2002 at 21:43:43:

I'm 19 and a senior in high school. I've got the same damn problem. Old people calling me devil worshipper, satanist, freak, all because I like snakes. I'm a metal guy who hangs out mostly with punks and goths. That just seems to give them all the more reason to bitch. But it does have one upside for me. My grandmother never, ever enters my house. :)

:I am 14, a freshman in high school, and an avid herper. I take my herps to my little bro's school sometimes, and talk to the kids. It is funny how, when I say, Any questions? They all raise thier hands. Every single one has story about how their dad killed a snake in the backyard. I just kinda stare at them and say, well, next time you see one, just look at it and don't touch it, its more scared of you than you are of it. This can illicit some ineteresting responses, such as, " Well, it chased me and started trying to eat me! It was horrible!" Anyway, I found it interesting that the kids usually are much more receptive than the teachers. One teacher saw me take my ball python out, turned pale and said, "Put that thing back right now! I refuse to be responsible for some horrible poisonous...anaconda in my classroom!" I thought that was funny. I know all of these stories are not funny, but I felt like typing something...ahem. Has anyone noticed how obsessed herpers can become? I mean, we will do ANYTHING for our herps! Here's me:

:I won't travel, cuz me herps will be in the care of a petsitter, and I refuse to allow that

:My iguana recieves only the best, organic veggies

:When anyone asks what my hobbies are, I launch into a deep, thorough explanation of herpetogology and related aspects, and continue long after the person has walked away

:I freaked out so bad when my iguana bit me and got my blood in his mouth. Why did I freak out? I thought he would be hurt by something in my blood. I called my vet, and every herper I knew and was assured he would be fine. I neglected my own bite and it became infected.

:I read with extreme emotion stories of people's herps dying and read many a newspaper obituary with just a grim, "aw, too bad..."

:I stayed up the entire night and stayed home from school the next day because my bp was not looking too good. Written note from my mom, " My daughter was not in school yesterday because of an extreme illness in the family" The secretary asked, " Oh, who was sick? You?" I laughed and responded, " No, but the strange throaty noises and weird movemonts of my balls caused alarm and I was scared." The secretary stared at me and then reprimanded me for inappropriate language.

:I was reading and people were talking to me, but I wasn't listening. When one said, " Yeah, and this guy and Viv" A person, Viv)... I snapped my head up and said, " What viv?" They just stared at me.

:Those are just the recent ones, and it is interesting how much people think there is no way you can love a snake as much as I love all mine. Also, I dress in spike bracelets and band tee shirts and am what society calls a punk, complete with heavy metal music. When strangers, usually elderly(I am being polite...I would rather say B***hy old eezers, be cause no matter how polite I am, they are terribly mean and biased)people hear I am a snake fanatic, they say, " Humph! Figures, little bratty f**king punki teenagers with their devil worshipping ways!" A man actualoly said this to the woman sitting next to him, loud enough for me to hear. I was sourly offended and asked the man why he said that. Then I told him how sweet my bp was and showed him pics...it was kinda funny...anyway, sorry about wasting you time...bye

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]