kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

very very sleep hl's is it normal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Dragon1 on August 12, 2002 at 17:05:17:

I have 2 HL's and they have been good for a while but i have noticed that lately they have been very lazy. they just lay down and not do much. they eat but not as much as normal. they eat about 10 small crikets a day. and we have been getting harvester ants and when we get them they used to get a lot of them. and now we get them they dont eat much of them. about half of what they used to. we keep extra cricks in there for when they get hungry. we mist them about 1-2x a week. sometimes more. we dont get harvester ants as often as we should because they cost alot and its hard to keep up to date when you have to get them through mail. (i'm not cheap, just costing more then i thought. but i love them)
i'm just worried. i had one HL die because of not eating. but they do get out and movie around. anyone have any ideas? the temp in the cage is about 100F in the day and about 70F at nights.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]