kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: breeding age

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by charlie cloud on June 26, 2002 at 22:03:54:

In Reply to: Re: breeding age posted by Lester G. Milroy III on June 26, 2002 at 19:13:17:

: : they are texas hl. they are for a fact male and female. it is just that when the male gets close he will lick her and she will lift her tail vary high in the air, and it looks like her butt opens up some. he will lick her under the tail, and check her out. then he will go about his business.

: :Charlie, when you say Texas HLs, do you mean Phrynosoma cornutum or Phrynosoma modestum? Some folks do not know the difference and are not properly identifying the HLs by the right common name. Lester G. Milroy III

lester i am not as advanced in HLs as you, but i do know a good bit about them and have ben studing them for some time. there can only be but one texas and that is the phrynosoma cornutum. i know i know they are protected as thretend and i under stand this, and that the care and dedication to keep them happy and not just alive is very very hard. i have had a succesful time so fare the female i have had less than a year and she is a lot healther than the wild raised male i have resently acquiered. he is starting to get a little thick him self. they are eating about a 1000 ants a week along with mealworms, crickets,and waxworms. they are about 3in long so the male is about full grown and the female has a little longer to go yet. i have them in a 40g short tank with about 4in of sand, a water bowl, some rocks for decore, a fullspectrum light, and a 100w incondicent light for extra light and lots of heat. i feed them every day. they are still wild animals but have goten used to me watching them. they cary on with me watching them. i have wached them eat, play, and even talk to each other with body languge.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]