kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: learning?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]

Posted by Tenaka on April 18, 2003 at 15:18:42:

In Reply to: Re: learning? posted by Tenaka on April 11, 2003 at 19:00:52:

Today my femal was coiled up on the male and then she spotted me approaching the vivarium she darted toward the glass door a second or so later the big male chased her and I was met with the spectacle of the pair of them, heads bobbing up and down tongues flicking, I did note the male initially checked the females mouth out before transferring his attention to me.

This seems to indicate the male is using the female as a feeding alert, her unusually fast approach to me, certainly triggered the male to dash towards me too.

tenaka

:heya Colchicine

:Todays feeding took me by surprise its totally out of character for the male to eat anything other than his snake steaks and it definately appeared to be the females feeding that triggered him.

:The female never used to do the climbing against the glass thing that some hoggies seem to do she would usually stay on the hide log and watch, but a few months ago she waited till the big guy was resting and then she came down to the front and started doing the same she also did the side to side nose rub at the corner of the cage wall and the door.
:Also when the male climbs now the female will very often join in and do it in tandem its quite amusing to watch them.
:I wonder how many others have noticed similar things.
:I try to keep he cage interesting for them by providing lots of places to climb and crawl or simply hide and dig. The cardboard tubes from loo rolls are favourites Lol

::I find that to be extremely interesting! I would like to hear more of your observations.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Hognose Forum ]