kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

"Le answers"......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]

Posted by kerry on February 24, 2002 at 01:06:16:

In Reply to: Re: Now that's more like it ! ! !...... (ROFLMAO) posted by Kevin Earley on February 23, 2002 at 23:13:01:

" Actually I guess I don't understand.....Pardon my ignorance but what is ROFLMAO and Lepric? "

(ROFLMAO) = (R)olling(O)n(F)loor(L)aughing(M)y(A)ss(O)ff. "Lepric" was a misspelling of "Le prick" which if spelled like "Lapricc" would have been too obviously directed at "Lapradd". If you still don't get it, go back and read his recent little "emotional outburst". Jackie, if you read this, quit your whining already!!! I promise not to pick on ya' anymore(until you ask for it again). BTW, nice Gila pics, BOTH of you guys... don't let me stop ya' from postin' that awesome stuff here. You both definetly have something to be proud of!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" And then just one more question. How many adult gila monsters will fit in the overhead compartment on a plane. Just out of curiousity.(LOL) "

What was that? Did I hear you right?? Can I come pick you up at the airport??? No, seriously, I know where there's a Gila stuck down at the bottom of a deep mine shaft. I think we oughta' go try and get 'im outa' there!!!...... (heh-heh-heh)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Nice looking habitat shot! A lot like our communal Gopherus here in sunny Florida except for the background flora and rocks.
Are my eyes playing tricks or is that a skull just outside the entrance and to the right??? "

Nope, not a skull. Definately not. No way. Can't be. Forget about it... (damn, I was hoping nobody would see that) Actually, I believe it's nothing but a dirty ol' chunk of basalt. I would have noticed a skull, I'm always on the look-out for that kind of stuff.

" This is probably the worng forum to ask this but...

Are the Desert Tortoises common? We have spotted populations of polyphemus basically due to the fragmentation of habitat due to developement of the environment. "

The Desert Tortoise has greatly declined in numbers throughout its entire historic range, and west of the Colorado River mostly due to the spread of disease. They can still be found fairly easily, often when you least expect it. The burrow in the pic didn't actually appear to have a current "perminent" resident, and was most likely being used intermittently.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]