kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks, I think... I never said I was "easy"(LOL)... n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]

Posted by kerry on January 07, 2002 at 15:28:40:

In Reply to: Kerry, you are difficult posted by ZACK! on January 05, 2002 at 22:39:55:

: Kerry,
: here Is a quote for you. Author unknown.
:
: Title.....You are Difficult!
:
: You are difficult when you tell the truth.
:
: You are difficult when you want what you want.
:
: You are difficult when you have integrity!
:

: That's It. There Is no more. It's a very simple quote, but Is also very profound. It suits you, and that's a compliment. I for one enjoy your tell It like It Is posting. ZACK!

:
: .....was that I forgot to put a (LOL) after the comment about you being caught in a lie. Like you, I guess I just came up a little "short"(LOL). Unlike you, I won't be tap-dancing my way around the issue in an attempt to excuse myself after being exposed.

: : My point was and still is that many wild gila populations wouldn't be able to thrive WITHOUT eggs, and that many captive gilas in the past have as a matter of record survived for years on a diet of virtually NOTHING BUT eggs. Does this mean I condone this practice? Absolutely not, especially if you want to breed them.

: : As for my "inflated ego", I don't criticize other people's animals, I criticize what other people are calling their animals, based on my 30+ years of experience with the morphology and other natural history traits of the animal in question. I'm sorry if you find this in any way offensive or intimidating, but I would much rather share what I have learned to be relevant than for others to go on believing in the wishful thinking of misconception. Sure, everyone with gilas that retain a trace of banding in the pattern would like to believe they possess the more "valuable" cinctum, which in reality is little more than a morph. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, subspecies or no subspecies, and that is how I think the market should be approached.

: : If you would, please allow this "inflated ego" to indulge it's self once again by looking at what I have already said about the subject, not to criticize, but to bring about a greater sense of REALITY.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]