kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tokay with possible mouth rot

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]

Posted by Colchicine on May 11, 2003 at 23:35:09:

In Reply to: Tokay with possible mouth rot posted by lolaophidia on May 11, 2003 at 12:37:33:

I couldn't ask for anything better! I had to assume that with the info in your post, that person was unwilling to take it to a vet because the value of its life was being determined by its cost. I have been involved with debates on the turtle forum with people who thought that their $5 turtle can be thrown away when it gets sick and they can just get another. This thoroughly infuriates me and I wanted to make sure the same mentality was not happening here.

It would be great if you could post back as to what actually clears this up.

:Thank you for your reply. I did speak to my friend about underlying causes and she is working on correcting the husbandry issues. I also understand about the failure to provide veterinary care. She worked in a veterinary hospital for a while and had major issues with the quality of care given there (that led to her quitting). She doesn't have much experience with reptiles - that's why she asked my opinion. My friend is a little overwhelmed right now taking in various mammalian rescues(a number of them from previously mentioned animal hospital), and so is very short of funds. If the animal doesn't respond to changes in husbandry and treatment in the home- I will take it to one of the local vets that has a clue about reptiles. Good reptile vets can be hard to find sometimes.
:Thanks again...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]