kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: more info and more questions! ME NEEDY HELPY! PLZ HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]

Posted by T.B on April 02, 2003 at 20:37:23:

In Reply to: more info and more questions! ME NEEDY HELPY! PLZ HELP posted by SLACkra on April 01, 2003 at 23:18:19:

:well now she is hiding away from me! if she is on a branch and i enter the room she moves so that the branch is in the way.

That is very normal and healthy behaviour for a veiled! While some individual animals may come to tolerate some degree of human presence or handling they are, as a general rule, very shy and reclusive animals. Try adding some extra foliage to her enclosure to help her feel more hidden and secure. Fake plants are very useful for this purpose.

:she hasen't eaten any of her three crickets and hasn't touched her lettuce.

It sounds like the last few days have been a bit stressful for her which can easily put her off feeding. Females also often stop feeding just prior to egg-laying.

:i am also worries that she isn't getting enough uv light. when i first got her she lived in a 20g tank with 15watts of flouresent.

This is a valid concern. A 15 watt tube, especially one that is 6 months old, would be radiating very little if any UVB at this point.

T.B

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]