kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wanting a GTP.....need some(lots of) advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by Zazanak on May 01, 2003 at 14:50:53:

Ok, im really wanting a GTP, one of the yellow Aru locale ones. Im planning on purchasing a baby at the end of the summer if my cash supply isn't completly depleted from vacations in the nest couple of months :) Anyways, if anyone could give me a list of what I would need for him as a baby and adult, i would be very grateful. Ive seen people keeping them in plastic tubs from walmart untill they turn yearlings. Thats all fine and dandy, I was going to get a vision cage for him over the summer and get everything set up for him. Only reason I want advice from everyone is because I recently purchased a redtail boa baby and have everything done for him like ive been told to, all down to a T, and now im fighting a R.I. in him(which is going away!). :( I don't want that to happen to such an expensive snake like the GTP. I want to build a pretty advanced system for him, automatic misters and heat controlled branches and all. If anyone has any good do-it-yourself links id be soooo happy. I want this snake to love his home and have very little stress. I thinks thats whats wrong with my boa, just too much stress from the trip here and settling in the new place. Not to mention the weather in florida is a bit different then the weather here in Cleveland, TN. Like i said, it will be awhile till the snake is purchased, just want to get his juvinile and adult stuff done and ready for when the time comes, always like being prepared when im putting somethings life in my hands. Thanks for any help i recieve! Im only a soon to be graduating highschool student, so if everything can be done on a budget it'd be nice. I was hoping I could do everything, including cage for around 300.

-Chase

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]