kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

In more grim perspective.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by jungledancer on April 29, 2003 at 00:29:33:

In Reply to: In more grim perspective..... posted by johnv on April 28, 2003 at 20:27:41:

: Its not like we screamed at them for fun jungledancer. ........ It wasnt about yelling, or letting out anger; it was about helping a poor tree python you weirdo. Zazanak said it better than I could, so read his post again.

Yes, Zasanak did pretty well. I totally agree 150% that the condition of the gtp should have been addressed. It would have been a crime to turn ones back and ignore a bad situation. My problem is only with the way it was handled. Yelling?! You said you told owner several times? Several times over how long a period of time? And they didn't do anything? Then why in the heck didn't you report them to animal control instead of yelling at the owners. More would have probably been accomplished for the gtp..... AND the other animals under their care in the store. If they were so bad with the care of one, perhaps you did a disservice by not protecting the welfare of the others. At least if they get a visit from AC they'll certainly make some sort of effort to clean up their act. I have never met a pet store owner, and I've met at least hundreds.... that thought they were going to get rich..... they started their stores because they hoped they could earn a living doing something they loved. They are human, they make mistakes. They can be educated and they sure as hell don't want to lose the money they invested in that gtp.

FYI, I no longer work animal control, but still work rehab and rescue for wild, exotic and domestic animals. I've seen a lot of young people with a lot of emotion to express and it's too often expressed in a negative way that winds up hurting others and sadly themselves too. I just know that there's another way to get the job done.... ie, help the gtp and was hoping that this young person with a lot of passion for the critters would see the gentle side of taking on a problem. Sorry if I offended anyone, it's never my intention. Rather to inform and educate.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]