kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Cool...more ((PICS))

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by ToddM on March 15, 2003 at 09:32:54:

In Reply to: Cool...more posted by AnthonyCaponetto on March 13, 2003 at 15:16:47:

Anthony,
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Anyway I'll try and explain what I did with the background and vents etc.. so that it makes sense.
The first thing I did was remove the vent covers so there would be no obstructions to being able to lay the background flat on the inside of the cage.
The second thing I did was silicone the background into place without worrying about the vents on the sides. The background is thin enough so that after the silicone cures you can see through it to be able to find the ventilation holes.
After the silicone had cured I took a small pair of scissors and poked holes where the ventilation holes are located. I ended up with a series of thin slashes (the same size as each hole) for each hole that makes up the vents on the side.
I then cut out the square using the outer slash marks as a guide. So after I was done I ended up with something like this.

((I put the vent cover on the inside to get this photo. The area that's removed was no bigger around than the outer vent holes in the vent cover))

What I did after getting the section of background removed was to trim small holes around the slash marks to prevent ventilation from becoming blocked. This is a close up of what it looks like after the holes have been trimmed and the section of background has been replaced.

This was siliconed into place as well. Here is another photo from a distance which shows what it looks like from a short distance away. If you look at it from a greater distance you can't see where the section of background had even been removed.

I had some extra background left over, since it had to be ordered by the foot I ordered 5ft of it. I trimmed this extra off after siliconing the background into place. I decided that instead of just throwing it away I would put it to use. So what I did with the extra was to silicone it into place on the perch holders on the bottom of the V ledge that the perch sets on and on the triangle section above the V ledge that you would see after putting the perch holders in place. You can still tell where the perch holders are, but they are not as obvious because of having most of the white covered with the extra background.
I hope this helps? If you have any other questions or would like to see other photos just let me know what you're looking for and I'll do what I can to help clarify anything that doesn't make sense or is confusing.
Todd

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]