kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

flash stuff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by greg schroeder on March 07, 2003 at 07:59:57:

In Reply to: Re: I don't have his email... posted by Julian Garcia on March 06, 2003 at 01:34:58:

:there is verry little difference between the 990 and the 995 the flip up flash and the more orange to the 990 flash then the 995 flash is the only real noticable difference. The 99- series has on of the best macro stock lenses on the mid range camera market today. I would suggest posting on the Morelia Viridis forum as this is Gregs Stomping ground. .. It can be found here.

:http://pub95.ezboard.com/fmoreliaviridisfrm1

:J

Here are a couple of my thoughts about the flash on the Nikons.

For the 990 if you plan on having a wide angle lens it blocks the flash. I can't say for certain, but I would think this is why they came up with the pop up flash so it would shoot mostly over the large screw on lens. I believe all the flashes are in the 5500k range.

Here's my observation of the Nikon 5000 flash. Notice the over exposed picture of my 990 that I took on macro with my Nikon 5000. More often than not the 5000 likes to unload full flash power on close up subjects and indoor close portraits. Indoor pictures of people look much the same as the picture of the pictured Nikon 990 with big hot spots and over exposure when using the flash on auto. There's probably a way to fix this in manual mode, but you would think Nikon could have a more useable flash on auto for the 5000.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]