kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Is this a suitable enclosure...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by equine884 on March 04, 2003 at 17:20:43:

In Reply to: Re: Is this a suitable enclosure... posted by orthopode on March 04, 2003 at 07:45:09:

When you said "radiant heat panel" are you talking about a heat pad? Or is this something else?

As for installing the flourescent inside, will the 25w bulb cause burns if the snake touches it?

I was planning on getting the thermostat from big apple or the one that boaphiles sell. Any experience with either of these?

Danielle

:That seems to be a very nice enclosure...I would personally completely obliterate the two holes in the ceiling and use a radiant heat panel (covering about 1/2 of the ceiling surface area) and a small fluorescent light mounted directly inside the cage instead. IMO Incandescent lights and ceramic heaters have a tendency to dessicate the cage really fast. The holes located on top of the cage would also let the humidity and heat go out very quickly. You mentionned the use of a thermometer, I suppose you meant a thermostat. I think for GTP you really need a thermostat that automatically adjust the temperature.
:Noel

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]