kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Sorong male "finally" eats (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by verper on March 03, 2003 at 22:45:40:

I aquired my first Chondro two weeks ago and he ate a rat pup out of my hands tonight. I used the word "finally" in the header as a sarcastic desciption of myself! I have been doing herps for longer than I care to admit but I must confess, when he slammed that pup I felt as I must have back when I was 10 w/my first Burmese hatchling (and I'm 44 years old!). So, now I'm a bonifide member of the "Chondro Nation". I have a female arriving this Friday.
My point is this, I've bred 'difficult species" such as Goynosomas (Red Tailed Green Rats) , Calabar Pythons, and Spilotes) past the F3 parameters but have always viewed Chondros as the apex snake! Its so refreshing to have that feeling again. Today was a reminder and a refresher for me personally. The fact that one snake's feeding can elicit such joy....well, I'm sure y'all can relate?? By the way, my wife told me the other day.."if you get rid of some of those other snakes in the garage I'll buy you that female you want"....so, good-bye 1.1 Ball Pythons and 0.1 ATB, hello 0.1 Chondro (no way I'm giving up the other stuff!) LOL. Thanks to Brandon Osborne and Greg Maxwell for thier excellent advise and time.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]