kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: New to GTP and have a few questions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by davep on February 23, 2003 at 01:38:59:

In Reply to: New to GTP and have a few questions. posted by cyber_crimes on February 21, 2003 at 07:23:47:

Sounds like you've got great python experience. You'll find GTPs have somewhat more exacting reqirements. If you stay within their preferred range of heat, humidity, ventilation and photo/temp period they should do great for you.

Some people use automated misting systems but others don't care for them. Without reviewing the pros and cons, if you can rig a system that provides the right cycle of humidity and drains well go for it. It's got to also stay nice and clean or else you'll mist with mold/bacteria--BAD.

I've not bred (yet!) but from everyone I know about 75% of folks incubate eggs. Others have great sucess with maternal. Lots of advanced info on keeping and breeding GTPs at the Morelia Viridis forum: http://pub95.ezboard.com/fmoreliaviridisfrm1 and the Chondroweb forum http://pub28.ezboard.com/fchondroforumfrm1

BTW, OUCH they are pricy in Australia. You could fly over to the US, pick up half a dozen, take a nice trip and fly back to Australia for much less than $5000. Maybe you should explore importing US chondros to Australia?
Good luck!!

:I am new to the great GTP,I have succesfully bred/kept womas and blackheaded pythons as well as bredli and jungle carpets but have not owned a GTP as of yet.As I am in australia the prices of these beautiful creatures are in excess of $5000 each.I wanted to ask a few question (I have read alot on them and studied as much as possible).Is an automated misting system good for these snakes? Also if ever bred (a goal in the future I hope) Is it best to maternal incubate or arteficially incubate? Finally does anybody know how one could go about legalising importation from other countries? (such as a private zoo licence or otherwise) If anyone else in this forum is from australia please contact me with some advice on purchasing etc.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]